So…What do you pack?
A website with the title ‘The Inspired Packer’ needs to have some info on packing, although packing isn’t what this site is about. Packing is a signal that a new adventure will soon be underway.
Being selective in what I pack enables me to focus on the travel instead of on my belongings.
I pack light. I have one carry on bag that is carried like a suitcase or backpack and one messenger style camera bag that doubles as my purse/day pack.
My packing list includes:
- 3 pair pants (2 pairs were convertible to capris, no jeans!)
- 1 skirt
- 3 button up shirts
- 4 tank tops
- 1 sweater
- 1 large t-shirt and pair of leggings for sleeping at hostels etc.
- 1 bra
- 4 pair of underwear (ex-officio are great)
- 4 pair of smart wool socks
- 1 pair of shoes
- 1 pair of flip-flops
- 1 bathing suit
- 1 pashmina (great for warmer weather, churches and cold weather)
- 1 rain coat
I am very selective about the clothes I bring on a trip. They must be comfortable and wash out in a bathroom sink and dry overnight. A good place to look for quick drying clothes is sporting goods or adventure stores. You can also check out travel sites for their suggestions.
Other things I take include:
- travel clothesline for drying clothes
- zip lock bags, pack a few extra, they don’t weigh much and do come in handy
- small clip style dog collar (for a bit of extra security on trains etc)
- flex lock
- mini-lap top
- packing cubes help keep your clothes organized and speed up packing